The IP0018 USB GPRS Modem is a third generation (3G) wireless modem that supports speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps using the GSM family of cellular technologies. The modem also features a built in antenna and automatically operates at the maximum speed available. A slot on the end of the modem accommodates a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card from your service provider (purchased separately).
Maximum theoretical data speeds are:
- High Speed Download Packet Access (HSDPA)—up to 7.2 Megabits per second (Mbps)
- High Speed Upload Packet Access (HSUPA)—up to 2.0 Mbps
- Concurrent HSDPA/HSUPA (HSPA)—up to 3.6 Mbps download and up to 1.5 Mbps upload
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications S ystem (UMTS)—384 kilobits per second (kbps)
- Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE)—236 kbps
- General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)—56 kbps
Product Code: IP0018
- Type A USB ports
- Supports speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps. (actual speed depends on the services offered by your service provider).